lunes, 26 de diciembre de 2011

Interview to Sam Inzerra from Mortician

Interview by Luis Landeo
Is a great honor do this interview to you sam, and welcome to Arsenal Del Metalero, how goes the new projects in Mortician?
The honor is mine, great to be a part of the Arsenal Del Metalero! Thanks for reaching out. Mortician is alive and well. We just played our final show for 2011 in Brooklyn and we're looking forward to spending the next year on a couple releases and of course a few gigs. We've compiled a ton of video footage from over the years and we will be releasing a dvd soon.The band didnt release a new album in 8 years are you thinking release a new album?
Yes, an album is in the works. We have 13 new tracks right now, but Roger and I are hungry to write again, and my new studio is an inspiration that might bring about a writing marathon of epic proportions. I think we'll write around 20 more tracks and pick the best for the record. Really looking forward to finally doing live drums on this album!And what you can tell me about it? and what can we expect of it?
Mortician has always been a fierce, straight forward, brutal band! The goal is to stick to the recipe! I think, over the years, the riffs have grown but definitely stuck to the core elements of where Mortician was meant to be. Will's arsenal of horror films and his choice of the classic moments which make up our intros, are also a huge inspiration for subject matter and brutal riff writing! So expect another signature, Brutal, album from Mortician!Are you thinking in a new tour for this 2012?
2012, most likely, will not be a touring year. This album and dvd are long awaited for a lot of fans of the band and the 3 of us as well. So, the focus is definitely on locking ourselves in a room and writing as many killer tracks as we can! We would absolutely love to come down to South America and crush some stages, and visit a ton of our loyal Latin fans. Just the thought of bringing Mortician down there, conjures up visions of ravenous pits of thrashing maniacs, banging to the sound of brutality! We Need to be there NOW!!!By the way when was the last mortician gig? and how was this gig?
The last gig was at St. Vitus in Brooklyn NY, pretty much our home town crowd. It was great, and is always a pleasure to play for our brothers and sisters in NY, who always come out and support our efforts. After 20 years, Mortician is still loved at home, and that is always appreciated!!! I know you are a (live) mortician member but how were you called to be part of Mortician?
Well, the relationship between my old band Morpheus Descends and Mortician go back to the beginning of our NY scene. We were fellow old school New Yorkers who played a shitload of gigs back in the day, crossing paths all over the place. I always had respect for what Mortician did, they had their own stamp on Death Metal. So when I heard that Roger was back on guitar and they needed a drummer, the idea of playing for them intrigued me. Will and I were at a local show and he told me they were looking, and that I should hook up for a meeting with Rog. I did just that, and it took about 2 or 3 songs jamming together and we both knew it was clicking. Plus, Roger and I bonded pretty much instantly on the hanging out thing, so it felt right to join this insane band! We immediately got to work and they threw around 30 fuckin songs at me to get ready for a big tour in just a couple months. The 2003 Bonded by Metal European tour was a beast, Exodus, Nuclear Assault, Agent Steel, God Dethroned, Grave, Mortician, Occult, Callenish Circle, and Prospect. So, I learned the songs and we were off! It's been a Hell of a ride since then!How is the friendship in the band?
At first I was wondering what it was going to be like joining a band whose albums were all a 2 man team. It was definitely an unique situation for me. But those guys welcomed me in fast, and we've been through so much as a band over the last 8 years, and stayed tight through it all. They are my Brothers and an insane extension of my Metal family! It's a blast being able to live the music with Mortician!Do you have a message for the fans and Arsenal Del Metalero readers in all around the world?
Yes! Keep Great Metal Alive! The music is what matters to me the most, Good Music! So, support it and keep it going strong. Although the music industry has changed so much, and it has been through a lot of cycles since Death Metal began, there is still Great music being made and the bands need every last Metalhead's support out there. Mortician fans are the best, wherever I go, I see Mortician shirts and that rocks. We thank every last one of you. Thanks again for the interview Luis and your support from Arsenal Del Metalero! Stay Brutal.

To know more about Mortician:
http://www.myspace.com/morticiannydm


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario