sábado, 10 de diciembre de 2011

Interwiew to Vanessa Nocera from Scaremaker

Interwiew by Luis Landeo
Hails Vanessa, welcome to Arsenal Del Metalero the band is working in their second album how goes the recording session for this new release?
Hey, there! Thanks for the interview! The second album is coming along great. I haven't written all of the riffs because I'm also working on some other music for other projects, one being my other band Skeletal Spectre. I'll start recording the guitars, bass, and vocals for the second album real soon.What is the name for this second album? and why this name for this new release?
We haven't really settled on a name. The title "Hexamorphosis" has been kicked around, which is a word I made up for the name of our sub-label with Razorback, but it could change as soon as the album really starts coming along.In this second album what can we expect in this new album?
The second album will be much, MUCH faster, thrashier, and heavier! Much of the lyrical content will be similar with a little more focus on "backwoods" horror imagery. Something special for all the nasty trolls out there who enjoy movies like "The Beast Within", "American Gothic", and "The Boogeyman" just to name a few.Are you working with a recording producer?
Not working with any recording producer. Just me pretty much from here on out since the drums are finished. Everything else is left to me, my guitar and bass, and vocals as well as Billy's vocals.Do you find a difference between this new album and the first album: What Evil Have They Summoned?
Many of the riffs on the first album were written when I was 14ish. I was really young and never used any of this material for any of my past bands. So, I took parts of riffs, improved or added to them and that is how the debut came along really. With this second album, I'm taking my time and I'm hoping there will be more solos and even more evil sounding riffs. In some ways I think it will be better than the first album.I know you play in other bands like: Skeletal Spectre, Loathsome and Wooden Stake do you think someday release an split album with all this bands?
Wow! Doing a 4-way split with all bands would be pretty cool, but who knows if that will happen. I have a new project I am building from a skeleton of ideas and maybe this will be part of a split with one of the bands. Maybe Wooden Stake since we have a new song waiting to be released.Like girl how is for you play in a band with guys? and how do you see the increasing number of females in death metal in these last years?
Well, technically I am the only one writing and playing the music in Scaremaker besides the drums. My husband, Billy, is the backing vocalist and Wayne and I work in Wooden Stake together, so I get along with both of them really well. In the past I have dealt with a lot of shit from guys that I have been in bands with, or people into metal in general. I really can't stand also that I don't get credited for my own vocals or the fact that I write music. It's like people don't even realize that it's REALLY me! (laughts)Are you thinking in a tour for this 2012?
We would love to tour, but we would need a bass player, and maybe even a second guitarist. Our drummer lives on the other side of the country, so there would be a lot of traveling just to practice. Maybe one day my dream of playing live again will come true.Do you have a message for the fans?
I just wanna send out a major THANK YOU to those who have supported us and helped spread the word of Scaremaker! We appreciate it! Look for our split CD with Crypticus to come out SOON, as well as the second full-length album sometime next year! Again, thanks to everyone!

To know about Scaremaker:
www.myspace.com/scaremaker

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario