sábado, 16 de agosto de 2014

Interview to Ken Bedene of Aborted


Interview by Luis Landeo
Hails Ken, nice to meet you, and welcome to Arsenal Del Metalero, well this year Aborted released a new album and second album in your career with Aborted, how was work in this new album? how was share this days in Hansen Studios with your partners? how was work again with Jacob Hansen?
Thank you Luis, thank you for having me. Yes, this year we released the Necrotic Manifesto and it is indeed my second album with Aborted. Working on the album was a lot of fun but pretty demanding when it came time to work. We all live pretty far away so we can't really practice or rehearse anything new together. We ended up writing and finishing up most songs in the studio in fact because of this. I had a lot more on my plate writing wise than the last album we did since some of those songs were previously recorded by Dirk on the Coronary Reconstruction E.P. Working with Jacob in the studio is always a pleasure. No one know's how to get the best out of us like he does. We had a little less than 3 weeks to record and mix 18 songs that were unfinished, I honestly think he had a lot to do with us finishing the album in such a good fashion.
Well like I said before this is the second album of Aborted in your career, how was for you compose the beats and percussion with the drums for this new album? and what was your challenge in this new album for you?
As I was saying before, I had about 15 songs to write while in the studio drum wise with the amount of time we did. It wasn't the easiest thing i've ever done (laughs) that's for sure. A few songs were easier for me to write on drums as I wrote them on guitar as well. Songs I didn't write on guitar took me a little longer to come up with parts to.
Like everybody know Aborted was a distance band, that mean Aborted have member from different countries, Sven is from Belgium many of the guys are from Netherlands and you are from USA, how difficult result for you keep a distance band? and when all the members return to their original countries, and can you explain me how the band rehearse their songs?
As far as keeping the band "a band" with practicing and stuff goes... We don't really practice together at all haha. We practice at home, that's about the only practice we have before we tour. We just have to trust each other to be ready to play which can sometimes be scary but I guess you just have to expect a certain level of professionalism when you're trying to make a name for yourself.
What sort of kick pedals or equipment have you used for this album?
For pedals I used Axis A double pedal longboards. I've been using them for a long time now and they are what feels most comfortable to me. As far as the rest of the gear goes, I used Zildjian cymbals and a nice Yamaha drumset. I didn't have my pearl kit near otherwise I would've been using that. Luckily for me Jacob Hansen has a really nice kit at his studio.
I would like ask you about how was you called to participate in Aborted? and before to join them in 2010 you was fan of the band, so my question is what is your favorite album of Aborted?
I got a chance to play in Aborted while I was recording for Abigail Williams. They needed a drummer for a tour and it was very last minute. I took the opportunity and haven't looked back yet. Before that I wasn't that big of an Aborted fan honestly (laughs). I think before that my favorite album was Slaughter and Apparatus.
I know Sven de Caluwé worked in many of this lyrics of this new album, but have you the chance to participate in write the lyrics in this album too? 
Lyrics are not my thing at all... I think it's best to let the one who performs to be the one who creates. Sven's been doing the band long enough that he knows what he likes to sing about and there is no reason for me to try and put my input on the lyrics when it's not needed.
By the way, I know you are the new drummer of the other band of Sven: System Divide, have Sven the idea of work in a new album with System Divide? how goes the things there?
At the moment System Divide is on the back burner for a lot of reasons, but none I should get into at the moment if you don't mind (laughs).
The band is now on tour playing in different festivals, how goes that? and what good experiences are you having in this new tour?
Everything is going really good at the moment with the shows and the festivals. Playing festivals is always fun. It's crazy to look out into the sea of people and think that they actually are all there to see you play. I don't usually get nervous but when you're waiting to walk on to the stage and you hear people chanting your name you really cant help but get chills.
Well bro, it was a great interview and well to finish, do you have a message for your fans and Arsenal Del Metalero readers?
Thank you again for having me and hope I give some people inspiration to keep reaching for their dreams... All of my fans inspire me to keep going and making the best music I possibly can.

To know more about Aborted:
https://www.facebook.com/Abortedofficial

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario