miércoles, 16 de julio de 2014

Interview to Nachtgarm of Negator


Interview by Luis Landeo
Welcome Nachtgarm again to Arsenal Del Metalero is good to know Negator returned to the studios and released this amazing new full length, how was this crazy days recording this album? Where was recorded? How many months took record this album? And how was this days in studio any anecdote? 
Hi! Gates to the Pantheon has been recorded in the Hammer Studios in Hamburg, Germany in about 9 days in December 2012 and January 2013. All in all our time in the studio was focused and very productive, though a little stressful sometimes. Shortly before the release of Gates to the Pantheon, the CD manufacturing plant burned down to its foundation, so that we had to postpone the release. A few months after that, the Hammer Studios burned down to its foundation…
The sound of this album is very epic, I like the melody, is too dark, violent, at the same time have this mysticism of black metal but in vocals i notice more influence of death metal, with a comparison of the first and second album sounds like black metal with some death metal elements, third album had a lot of black metal than death metal elements but now this new release have a lot death metal influence in vocals do you think Negator found the sound you was searching, or is this another great evolution in Negator sound? 
I personally think that with our actual record, we’ve unchained ourselves from a lot of things, regarding the songwriting. We never had any certain plan to do things different this time, it just happened, almost naturally. I think a band should never stop to evolve and therefore Gates turned out as it is. The next record might sound different again, or not. We’ll see about that, when the time has arrived. To me, there is no specific Negator sound, just a feeling we’ve always tried to project, but if I have to decide, I would stay with the current sound and feeling Negator has. 
I know the recording producer for this album was: Eike Freese (vocalist in Dark Age), how was work with him? and how you contacted him for produce this new work? 
Eike has produced all Negator records so far and only with him as producer I could imagine Gates to the Pantheon becoming alive. We know each other for over 15 years now and he always understood my vision, or concept, of what we wanted to record and he just nailed it every time. For this record I just gave him a call and told him what I had in mind and he agreed to it and then we recorded it.
I like the new fontcover for this new album is very dark, but what tried to represent with this art? and why this titles of : "Gates to the Pantheon"? 
The cover, shows one of the gates to the pantheon, which you have to pass, if you want to reach the pantheon. In my lyrical concept of the album, the pantheon is not a building, but a state of the mind which one tries to reach. The gates are a metaphor for the difficulties and the troubles, one must face, to free the mind and the soul of dogmas, nowadays social structures and the own ways of thinking. Tests and trials one has to pass. 
Nachtgarm in what do you take inspiration for write your lyrics, and in what moments you write lyrics (angry, happy, sad)? In other way your lyrics are about war like in the third album: Panzer Metal, about suicide like the song: "Free bird" but in this release what is the concept behind for this new lyrics and especially in the tracks: "Revelation 9:11", "Bringer of War" and "The Last Sermon"? 
Basically my daily life is my main inspiration. Personal experiences, friendships, hostilities, education, books, movies… whatever defines my life and whatever kind of evaluation that brings with it. This time, I wanted to break free from old habits, old behaviors and old ways of thinking. I wanted go on a journey where I face my own sins, my faults, my experiences which lead me on paths I didn’t want to walk anymore. Some sort of self-therapy. “Bringer of War”, as it is the second song of the album, stands for a part of my journey where I praise “Marduk”, to support me on my journey and to help me overcome my foes. In “The last Sermon” I’m listening to death itself, saying the last sermon. Withstand and overcome death itself and continue on with the journey. “Revelation 9:11”, as it is the last song in the lyrical concept, shows that a complete destruction of the world/the own mind is inevitable to rebuild and reform something new, something stronger. It relates to the revelation of John 9:11, where Abaddon, or Apollyon as the ancient greeks call him, rises from the abyss to destroy the world. Besides that, I liked the fact, that 9:11 has also become a synonym for the downfall of the World Trade Center in the US. 
Many people will remember you as the ex-singer of Dark Funeral, why do you left Dark Funeral this year? do you think was a good decision left Dark Funeral? 
I left Dark Funeral in the beginning of 2013 for several reasons, which I don’t want to discuss. All in all it was a great experience to tour with them and become friends with some, so I leave it there. 
At the same time Negator played in great events like PARTYSAN, but the best show of the band was in Wacken, do you think back to play in wacken this year? and how do you felt you after to play in wacken? 
Playing on big and renowned festivals is always a cool thing to do, but at the end of the days these gigs are “just” gigs. I don’t really care if there are 10 or 10.000 people in front of the stage. I always give everything I have. We would have loved to play in Wacken again this year, but sadly it won’t happen. 
I would like ask about the first show of the band, Negator payed to play in live? and what is your opinion about bands have pay to can play in live in Europe? 
The first show Negator ever played was in 2003 and we didn’t have to pay for it, but we got not paid either.  I think it’s a shame, that bands have to pay to play on festivals or even normal club shows. Even for us it’s sometimes hard to get paid at least as much to cover our costs, but this discussion would exceed the frame of this interview. 
I know "Gates to Pantheon" in 5 versions: Digital version, Standard version, North American release, limited box set and standard jewel case why the band did that? and why not a same release? 
Actually there are only 3 versions. The North American version doesn’t differ from the European version but was released officially in the US through Prosthetic Records to make it available in the states and to avoid import costs. The digital version was a  pre-release, including the a bonus track, to all the die-hard Negator fans who couldn’t wait until the official release and for those who just wanted the album digitally. Nowadays it’s just normal to have a digital release. Then there is the handmade limited edition which was available worldwide (incl. the same Bonus track as the digital version) and of course the standard jewel case edition. So basically 2 releases: Standard and limited with an extra bonus track. 
What is your vision about the evolution of black metal in this days? 
I don’t really care much about the evolution of the so called “scene” since I’m doing what I want and everything else is none of my business. 
Well was again a great interview do you have a last message for your fans in Peru, and American continent and Arsenal Del Metalero reader?
Thank you for the interview and Hails to our fans and supporters overseas! We hope to meet you one day on tour!

To know more about Negator:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialNegator

6 comentarios:

  1. if you are the pure party Nachtgarm, like you want to reform I do not believe you, hahaha it is fine what Nachtgarm says

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Greetings to the banda Negator and all the best for the band and a special greeting for NACHTGARM,:*

      Eliminar
  2. NACHTGARM I've been to humorous bad temper and seve few friends I hope he is not so angry

    ResponderEliminar
  3. NACHTGARM been to humorous bad temper and bit few friends I hope he is not so angry

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I hope you change your bad mood regards NACHTGARM

    ResponderEliminar