sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2012

Interview to Thomas Pioli of Thevetat


Interview by Luis Landeo
Hails Thomas, is nice back to interview you again, this year your band released a demo title: Disease To Divide, tell me how was work in this demo? 
Greetings. It was late 2011 that Thevetat began the writing process with basically a full unit. I was stoked to create and perform the songs with the band. As time went by however, it became clear some members were not suited for the band. Thevetat agreed to complete "Disease to Divide" with Matt as a session drummer, myself on lead/rhythm guitars and bass, and Matthew Szablewicz on vocals. In many ways it was stressful knowing it could possibly be the first and final output with this lineup. I feel pressure helps bring out the best sometimes, and we were all very satisfied with the end result and released the demo on good terms. 

In the last interview I did you, you told me you found some guys but you was searching people for complete the line up tell me how was that search of members? and who are the line up of Thevetat? 
Lineup for "Disease to Divide" is Matt Slagle: session drums Thomas Pioli: lead/rhythm guitars/bass Matthew Szablewicz: vocals I will give a long short story, that the band foundations started in 2004, and just never took proper shape. I didnt feel right the way I was treated with certain people, although Craig Smilowski did offer to play drums in Thevetat, which was awesome. Some ideas of his can be found in the demo songs now. Matthew Szablewicz; yes the curse of Matts; came in on short notice and also learned the songs very quickly. For most part it was online searches and word of mouth that the pieces came together. There are auditions ongoing right now.
The art of this demo is like some kind of demon in front of a sinister machine from hell, what represent this art for the demo? 
When artwork ideas come about, I dig deep into the material to conjure ideas, and the feel it deserves. I came across Alex Shadrins work, and he was a pleasure to work with on the design. He presented the front cover with the demon character at a worktable to summon evil spells, hence "Disease to Divide". Its a wicked magician spreading magic. For the back cover, I returned to Ironworx Gravefix, another amazing designer. I had collaborated with him previously on Ceremonium tshirts, and the two designs compliment each other well. Its true, sometimes artists want the lyrics to get a direction where things may head. 

Why only 3 songs for this demo? and what is your favorite one, and why? 
No favorites for me. I get wrapped up in my world when I play them, as if something takes over me. I go through pain writing and arranging so the songs do remain timeless. I dont want to loathe and despise things Ive done years later. 

Like all recording usually a band have problems for record their music, in this recording days the band had problems? and how much was the cost for record and tape this demo? 
No there were no major problems. Perhaps the creative differences I mentioned above. At one point it almost crushed the entire demo and left to scrap. Stronger heads prevailed. Costs are never thought about, for its underground music and I breathe it so dont think of it that way. I die to do it, just the way I have other passions and desires.
Why name this demo like: Disease To divide? and are you thinking in a tour? 
I think Im realistic to say a tour would be sweet, and maybe a dream down the road. Its known bands struggle to have personal life, work, and so on, and to do a tour and return back to a normal life is never easy. Thevetat would enjoy playing select shows, perhaps festivals around the US, and Europe would be killer. There are offers at the table and only time will tell. 

The music of Thevetat is classic old death metal, but in this last years death metal is in big evolution cuz now fans likes more a modern death metal with singers doing pig squeals, interesting slamming growlings, but what do you think about it? and how affect this to the classic Death Metal? 
Its easy to critic music; at least I feel that way since I do write for a zine when I have a chance. Take a few descriptive words, and sling out a few bands for comparisons. Its a more blissful thing to say Thevetat is classic death metal, for the sake of being straightforward. Inspired by all things death, black, grind, otherworldly from late 80s, early 90s. 

Well do you have some last message for Arsenal Del Metalero readers? 
Thanks for the interview!!! Keep supporting metal. Check the websites below for news and grab the current merchandise available. Never give up the flames. 

To Know more about Thevetat:
www.facebook.com/Thevetat 
www.destrorecords.com
www.myspace.com/Ceremonium

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario