miércoles, 19 de diciembre de 2012

Interview to J.A. of Decayed


Interview by Luis Landeo
Is great back to interview you J.A., and is a great new the band worked in a new full lenght and happy to say I was the first in listening, and let me say, this was one the best works of the band, so how was work in this full lenght? how was the recording days? 
Good to be back Luis. Thanx for the kind words towards our new album. This was the longest time we've spent recording an album. I started working on the new songs early this year, then I went to Germany to record the drums with Tormentor in March. I got back to Portugal in June and that's when me and Vulturius started recording the vocals and bass. We finished recordings about September and then it was the mixing and adding small details. Everything was done is a very relaxed athorphere and the final result is a damn good one. Like you said, I do believe that we have one of our best works so far.
Like Guitarrist how was the challenges to compose the riffs for this full lenght? and why that name of: the ancient brethren?
This time I had some very specific ideas of how all the songs had to be written and recorded, so it was just a matter of composing some great riffs to fill those concepts. It took me about 6 or 7 months to have everything as I wanted, but the final result is fucking amazing. I just grabbed my guitar on some cold nights, some wine and the riffs would start to flow... As for the name of the album, it's kind of personal, actually most of the lyrics are very personal this time. I've been through some dark times recently and I just exorcized all that energy in those lyrics. I feel that most of my kind is long gone, so this album is a tribute to all those lost souls: the ancient brethren, my brethren. 

The art for this full lenght is cool I like the colors, really a great job with simple colors and lines, who this wonderful art for the fontcover of this full lenght? 
This cover was done once again by my very good friend Johan from Belgium. He used to be in SUHRIM. He has done the 2 last covers of our albums and this time I asked him again and he delivered.  

With the release of this new full lenght are you thinking in a tour for europe and when is the next show of the band? 
 Right now my personal life is very hectic, so I'm not sure of when we'll be able to do a small tour next year. But we have been talking about that, maybe a one week tour after the summer, it will depend on a few factors but we are eager to promote the album.
By the way the band released this year a dvd of one show in Germany, how was tape this dvd? who was the director behind the scenes? was complicated tape, edit and release it?
The DVD was recorded back in 2000 when we did the European tour with IMPIETY and ABIGAIL. We did a show in Rostock where the organizers recorded all the bands. After the show they gave me a copy of our gig and I've been keeping it all these years and finally decided to release it this year. Don't expect anything fancy cause it was just a couple of guys with some old cameras. Everything was recorded in analogue systems. Old shit! 
The band will release and split with the bands: Cunnilingus and Thugnor, how born the idea of work an split album with those bands? 
Well, Hoth Records have been releasing some of our stuff and they wanted to re-release the "French Attack" MCD, so I just thought of doing it as a split and it all went from there. Since I've been friends with the guys of CUNNILINGUS for many years, it was easy to put everything together. THUGNOR is one of my projects so that was easy as well. 

I would like to know the concept of lyrics of this 4 tracks: "Flame Of Lucifer", "Hellish Incantations", "Chasm Of Fire" and "Ancient Abgal" in what you took inspiration in write the lyrics of this tracks?
Like I said, most of the lyrics in this album are very personal, the inspiration coming from my most recent experiences in the Hell we call Earth. "Flame of Lucifer" is about those who still try to live their lifes according to the old values of honor and trust. I feel that in these days people talk a lot but do nothing. I hear bands screaming about "honor" and then they steal from other bands... "Hellish Incantations" is a cry out to bring back the old ways. "Chasm of Fire" is to all those who lie and cheat to get ahead and the fires of Hell is what I wish them all. "Ancient Abgal" was inspired in some of my more occult readings, and how we are separating ourselves more and more of our ancient Gods.
Well bro always a pleasure interview you, do you have a message for Arsenal Del Metalero readers?
Thanx once again for supporting DECAYED. I wish you all the best. For the readers, feel free to contact me if you can't get our releases: chroan@sapo.pt 

To know more about Decayed:
http://www.facebook.com/DKD666

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario