lunes, 24 de diciembre de 2012

Interview to Cedric Gelin of Sad and Insane


Interview by Luis Landeo 
Welcome Cedric to Arsenal Del Metalero. your band is working in a new and firts full lenght album, so tell me how goes the work of compose the music, this recording days?
Actually, I made almost all of the album, I'm in a phase where I tested new gear, I'm working on some arrangements, I'm working on points that will make the recording of the album takes place in good conditions.
What is the name of the studio, the band is recording this new work, and who is the recording producer is the band working? 
I work in my home studio. Im not comfortable in a commercial studio, and my music is so crazy and some experimental for productors. I have a very particular approach to music, this is very experimental. Who knows, maybe one day I'll find a producer who understand my music and with whom I could work.
Cedric you started this project in 2007, in 2009 the band released a Demo and an EP entitled: "Departure" but can you tell some of Sad and Insane history?
I created this project in 2007. Being main producer, songwriter, and instrumentalist, I'm the only permanent member of Sad And Insane, because at the beginning it was a solo project... There have been many changes in the line-up since 2009....Laurent the bass player, is in the band since 2010, and for me he is more. He helped me for multiple choices, although I have total control of the group, he is my advisor... Beyond being the bassist in my band, he is my best friend. So I can say that it is the only true member of my project.
Whats the difficult part of play without a real drummer?, cuz your keyboardist plays programming drums with his synthesizer keyboard, for me thats very difficult and are you searching a drummer?
In 2009 there was the first change of the first line-up. It did not work with certain members, and I found myself alone with Benjamin, the first singer. We have recorded the demo "Ohmwork" them both. Basically the project was only studio but then I wanted to transpose live. I could not find adequate drummer ... so quickly I had the idea to program parts of batteries recorded from real samples, recorded from my own drum kit. It was around 2010 with Laurent we had the idea of finding a new member who would take care to play these parts of batteries, and also other parts of samples and synth you can hear on studio recordings.Everything is simple and it is as well as with a real drummer.
By the way the band toured or played in any show after of released the "Departure EP" are do you have in mind for a tour after the release of this Ep? 
There were a few dates in projects, but the singer Julien left when "Departure" was released. I had to cancel several dates already confirmed before announcing ...it was frustrating. But we found a singer that had auditioned a year ago. Next year, when the album comes out, there will be a French tour, I have some dates in mind.
Well who did the art for Departure Ep? well the sound of the Ep, sounds good but sound kinda raw, so the new full lenght will sound clear? 
We can say "Departure" is a sound concept...my challenge was to make the listener uncomfortable...I think it is successful (laughs) My challenge is to transpose the music better as when I compose. Must exactly as it sounds I hear in my head, and as I feel. But the next album will have a more simple approach in sound, but always raw and experimental.
The band worked in an independent videoclip of the song: Black Wings, but why this song was released like a digital single? Well tell me what is the concept behind the lyrics of Black Wings?
Yes, "Black Wings" was the first song completed a few months before "Departure" was released. The song was released in single digital format, to give a taste of what were to be the EP. Also,"Black Wings" was broadcast on most local radio stations.
I notice in the music of Sad And Insane some influence of bands like Chimaira, and your compatriots: Dagoba, but what are the influences in every guy in the band?
My biggest influence was Eddie Van Halen, maybe why I have a very special approach to music. I've always admired musicians who like him, in addition to being simple musicians are beneficially affects all geniuses, and able to create their own musical universe, as Devin Townsend, Trent Reznor ...
Well hope for the release of your first full lenght, do you have a last message to end this interview? 
Thanks for the support ! The next album will be called "The Next Chapter" is released in the fall of 2013 ! In the meantime I invite you to listen and download the free EP "Departure", through the Bandcamp page of Sad And Insane ! 

To know more about Sad and Insane: 
http://www.facebook.com/sadandinsane

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario