lunes, 14 de mayo de 2012

Interview to Peter Hasselbrack from Bloodsoaked


Interview by Luis Landeo
Welcome Peter to Arsenal Del Metalero, for beguin this interview how was the gig in portugal? and with what bands you shared stage?
The SWR Metal fest was great, so many good bands and tons of Metal fans. Other bands were Immortal, Asphyx, Hypocrisy, Candlemass, Hail of Bullets, Purgatory, Legacy of Brutality and so many other great bands.
I know Bloodsoaked isnt more an one man band, cuz now you play with other guy: Joseph from Malebolgia, how you propose him to be part of Bloodsoaked? 
His last name is Darling (Joseph Darling) and I have seen Joe play live before and I have known him for a few years now, we had talked for a while and things just worked out and it’s been the best this I have done for Bloodsoaked in a long time.
How do you feel playing now with other guy in the same project than playing alone in the stage? and well what was the difficult part of play alone in the first years of Bloodsoaked?
Playing alone was hard in the beginning as it was all new to me but after a while it was very easy. Now with Joe on stage it’s so much better, more energy, more intensity a better show and better experience for the fans.
Can you tell any experience when you begun Bloodsoaked? 
All of my experiences have been good, I wouldn’t change anything, I have done so much more with Bloodsoaked than I ever thought I would. I think having the video for “Rotting in Filth” on MTV’s Headbangers Balls was the biggest thing to happen and maybe flying all the way to India to play a festival was crazy!
Because you have a new member in the band, exist a possibility of invite other new member for bloodsoaked? and are you thinking in a tour with bloodsoaked? 
I don’t think I will be adding anyone else anytime soon, I am very picky about who I want to be in a band with and also adding more people mean more problems and that is not a good thing. I only see Joe and me in the future for Bloodsoaked. As far as touring Bloodsoaked will be in Central America in July, South America in October and a 10 day Europe tour in November. I don’t know the places for the Europe tour at this time.
Well as everybody knows you played in Archaic Winter, what is your oppinion about the new release of Archaic Winter? and if you get an invitation for a guest appereance would u like participate of any new release or your past band
I only recorded vocals for the first Archaic Winter album, it was a good experience and I am still friends with Greg Maupin. I have not heard the new material so I can’t comment on it, if asked I would do some guest vocals if Greg was interested.
How is the process of compose the music for Bloodsoaked? do you think first in how will be the video of the song before to write it? 
I take forever to write an album, and sometimes a song will take me a month or two. I could write 20 riffs and if they are not sticking in my head I will not use them, I will sit down and practice just playing and see what happens, if I write a riff I like I will record and save it so I will remember the riff. Once in a while I can write half a song in a few hours and then sometimes it takes forever. The music almost always comes first and then the lyrics and then video ideas.
Well one of the music videos I like from bloodsoaked is Unborn Horror, how born the concept of this video? cuz reminds me in part of THE WALKING DEAD (TV SERIE), how was tape the video? was expensive? and where you taped the video? 
I filmed all the performance parts of the video and then I let the director (Blake) have his vision for the non-performance scenes. The video was filmed in a old abandoned warehouse, it was a great experience. The video was filmed before the TV series was on TV.
By the way, are you thinking in release a new bloodsoaked album? what can we expect of this new release? 
No new music at this time, Joe and I might write a new song to see how well we work together but I don’t see a new album for a while. Maybe a DVD with a special new song.
How do you see the evolution of brutal death metal in this last years? cuz now this metal genre sounds different than the first records of bands like: Cannibal corpse, Vile, Suffocation because now the new brutal death metal bands like: cerebral bore, Kraanium, walking the cadaver and many other sounds very similar of the brutal death metal of Devourment well some deathcore. 
I think Death Metal is still pretty much the same with better production, you can listen to 100 different Death Metal bands and hear influences for tons of different bands. Some bands only play Slam or Technical but in the end it’s all Death Metal.
Deathcore Metal Bands sounds very similar of this new brutal death metal bands like: despised icon, from us to sunset, suicide silence, do you think deathcore helped in part of the new wave of brutal death metal? 
Deathcore seems to be taking the best slam riff of Suffocation and making them slower and playing 10 of those slow riffs per song. I think Deathcore has its place as can be seen from the popularity of the bands. There are lots of bands that are taking some Deathcore elements and incorporating them into their music as well, even if they won’t admit it.
Hope listen the new Bloodsoaked album, and good luck peter, but do you have a last message for your fans? 
Thank you very much for the interview and thank you to all the fans that are supporting Bloodsoaked!!!

Para mas de Bloodsoaked: 
http://www.facebook.com/bloodsoaked666

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario