jueves, 14 de abril de 2016

Interview to Yuichi Kudo of Desecravity


Interview by Luis Landeo
Hails Yuichi, welcome to Arsenal Del Metalero, I had the chance to listen the 2 full lenghts of your band and your music is amazing, and this interview will be about your 2 full lenght and the new of the band, to start this interview I would like ask you about, how was the last show of the band in Mongolia? and have the band in mind have a tour?
Well...we haven't toured in Mongolia yet, but it's coming in this September. We look forward to playing there, can't wait. And we have planned some tours in this year, so I hope we can announce it soon.
The last album was: "Orphic Signs", how was work in this album? and how was the reception of this work? and have the band work in a new full lenght?
The 2nd album Orphic Signs was released in 2014. I had started writing songs since after released the 1st album Implicit Obedience, I think it's 2012. I really spent much time for writing songs of Orphic Signs, then I could satisfy with those songs. And we started recording around early 2014. As before, we asked mixing and mastering to Mana Recording Studios in Florida, United States, which is managed by Erik Rutan (Hate Eternal). That time, we worked with Brian Elliott, who was an engineer but he left the studio already, and he made it great sounding. It's fit sound what I want to the album which has a lot of complicated part needed clear sounding. Fortunately, we got a lot of possitive response from listeners. I think it is more technical and progressive than before.
 The cover art of this 2 full lenghts is different the first album have an art you did with a scene of someone murdered by demons and with gore lyrics, and the second album have an alchemic art extremely esoteric with "philosophical esoteric" lyrics so is the band trying to explorate new concepts? and what will be the new concept you have in mind for the new lyrics of the band? or do you thing repeat the concept of the before albums?
Actually we have never changed concept of lyrics which are about mostly myth, religion and historical things. I like to express the music with those kinds of concept. The Implicit Obedience is more about killing, fate, war, religion and so on, then the Orphic Signs is more about myth, tragedy, hell, historical things and so on. Although I will continue writing about those concepts, it may be extended the concept range.
I had the chance to see the music videos of your band, and you have a brutal drums, what equipment do you use to play with Desecravity? and let me tell your equipment sounds completely BRUTAL!!!
I usually use the aclyric drums for a show. It is a custom drums with all Pearl parts and hardwares eccept the shells which I designed them with a factory. The toms are 8, 10, 12 inch and 14 on left side, and 16, 18 floor tom on right side, and 4 cannon toms. The other equipment I use is Sabian cymbals, Trick Drums big foot kick pedals and their trigger system, Vic Firth sticks, Roland trigger module TM2 lately.
Southamerican metal fans of your band and readers would like to know some of the first years of the band, so how the band started? and how affected to the band the change members Desecravity had?
Before I started DESECRAVITY, I lived in United States and Canada for several years, and then I returned to Tokyo, Japan in 2004. After few years,  I started this band in 2007. The first few years, we toured in Japan, Asia and Europe. It was really successed. Yes, we changed members several times by some reasons. We have improved by the changing members. Now we are three who are composed  of tight and solid members.
A lot people know Japan is one of the most metal countries, many bands from europe and American continent release their albums in japanese labels, Arch Enemy released a dvd in Japan called: "Tyrants of the rising sun", and Japan have famous bands like Sabbat, Metalucifer and the Anime industry pay metal bands to have them in the soundtracks of their animes (a good example is Saint Seiya, and Detroit Metal City anime) but tell me more about the japanese metal scene, and how difficult is be famous in your country?
I think the metal market is good, but the underground scene is not big as Europe and North America. I hope it's going to bigger than now. I have no idea how difficult to be famous. But if you can stand out in SNS or somewhere people can see you easily, you may have a chance. 
To finish with the interview do you have a message to readers and fans?
Thank you for the interview and thanks to all who are supprting us! We look forward to seeing you one day in South America!

To know more about Desecravity:
https://www.facebook.com/DESECRAVITY

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario