domingo, 18 de agosto de 2013

Interview to Shaune Kelley of Dim Mak


Interview by Luis Landeo
Welcome to Arsenal Del Metalero Shaune, is good have you again, well this interview will be about your carreer and know more about your band: Dim Mak, well some year ago, I interviewed you about the last full lenght: "The Emergence Of Reptilian Altars", well the sound of Dim Mak was in evolution, the first album was like Hardcore Death Metal, but in the last albums, that include: "The Emergence Of Reptilian Altars" the sound of the band turns like in something really aggressive very into to Technical Death Metal, why the band took the desition of change the sound of Dim Mak?
Greetings Arsenal Del Metalero and thanks for having me back. Well there wasnt any real changes made by design besides the new vocalist Joey joining the band so I think having a new vocal sound is really the main difference people are hearing.We have always been about technical brutal metal and all the various styles and incorperating whatever we like. But we did go after something maybe a bit more dark sounding in the emergence.
This album "The Emergence of Reptilian Altars" is a conceptual album about the reptilians, but why the band took the desition in work in a conceptual album? and why the band left of sing songs about martial arts?
Well it's not really a concept album there are various topics mostly violent dark demonic content. There is inspirations from Lovecraft and Crowley in the songs but other then that its a few different things were touching on.And we never really had songs about martial arts just combat in general and a love for the arts.Joey is an actual expert in brazilian Jiu Jitsu but I guess he just chose not to write much about it.Again we were searching for something darker.
Dim Mak is a super group, two of the members are famous musicians, you played in two good bands: Ripping Corpse and Hate Eternal, and John Longhstreth plays in Origin, but the band didnt play in tours, have you in mind tour with Dim Mak and promote more this great project?
I would love to tour but were on a very small label that doesnt really offer tours. You need management and booking agents and a good buzz to draw crowds. Its not really a question if I want, its very expensive so not that easy to do.
My friend, I hope dont bother you with this question, but why you left: Hate Eternal? do you keep relationships with: Erik Rutan?
Yeah, Im still friends with all those guys and things just didnt work out I dont need to explain myself here. I had a great time while it lasted and wish them the best of luck.
A good thing in your musical carreer is you are sponsored with a trademark of Guitars, how was you invited to be member of Blackhart Guitars? and what you tell us about their products? how is play with a Blackhart guitar?
The owner of Blakhart messaged me and asked if I was interested. He is a fan of Ripping Corpse and also plays in a pretty sick band The tenessee Murder Club. It wasnt a hard choice at all the guitars are great and have the finest hardware. It proud and honored to be a part of the family.
Have you in mind re active: Ripping Corpses? 
No man, I dont live in the past I have Dim Mak now and Flesh Consumed and I dont talk to those guys much I have no desire at all to ressurect old material that I already played onstage over 1000 times. Dim Mak and Flesh Consumed are where Im at now.
Well Shaune this question is totally personal, you are a Metalhead but at the same time you like Hip Hop, like some death metal musicians like: Chris Barnes and the Obituary guys, but what is your oppinion about metalheads attack the hip hop fans? and what was your oppinion about when metal in the 90s was mixed with Hip Hop you know the Nu-Metal represented with bands like: Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, P.O.D. and many others? 
I hate that fake garbage honestly but I could care less about it. I dont waste my time listening to shit I dont like.I dont mix hip hop into my music all that much really its a totally seperate thing.I enjoy a certaini kind of hip hop and the anger and frustration of music. These lame wannabe bands mostly all fail for that reason the music is corny as hell done by someone who has no clue what struggle is.It is fake.I dont pay attention to people attacking others and such but no metalhead attacks hip hop fans around me here in NJ that sounds rediculous since hip hop fans have guns.I mean If anyone were to try attack me there getting jacked (laughs) but thats just how it goes.
By the way Shaune how is your relationship with guys of big bands like: Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, AEON and Morbid Angel? what good experience can you tell me about share stage with them? 
I have met them all man but Im anti social so I couldnt tell you alot about them personally.Suffocation are great guys and I hung out with all those guys hundreds of times I mean all the shows I have played with many legends were awesome.THere was so many to name. Getting to tour with Aeon was great because there my favorite band so thats like a dream come true I have played with all my favorite bands its been an incredible ride.
I didnt ask you this, why your band: Dim Mak, recieved that name? 
I came up with the name Dim Mak it means poison hand stinging fist touch of death it is a martial art and just fit the band perfectly. The Death Touch.
Well Shaune, was a real pleausure this interview with you, but have you any last words to end this interview? 
Hey thanks for the interview man and be on the look out for the new Dim Mak and new Flesh Consumed releases early 2014. Stay sick!!!

To know about Dim Mak:
https://www.facebook.com/DIMMAK.DEATHMETAL

1 comentario:

  1. Aprendan a hablar en ingles, una pena que no sepan, y queden como ignorantes, excito...

    ResponderEliminar