jueves, 8 de agosto de 2013

Interview to Mikael of Patronymicon

Interview by Luis Landeo
Hails Mikael, is great for me have an interview with you again, in our last interwiew you told you was working in a new full lenght, so how was the release of this new work? and how was received this full lenght, because this was released in May 24th? 
Yes, we have been working on the follow-up to 'Prime Omega'. We are very pleased ourselves with the album which is what really matters but we have gotten good reviews on the album by magazines so I guess some people enjoy it as well.
I like much the cover of this new work is dark and remember old pictures of the underworld, Chadwick Saint john did a good art but what represent the concept of this cover to the lyrics for this new album? 
The art represents visually what the auditory experience will be like We are more then pleased with Chadwicks work and it really suits the album. 
By the way I didnt had the chance to listen it, but some titles took my atteptiom and are: "World Closure", "The Great Pestilence", "Age Of Contamination" and "Mourning Cold", sounds very apocaliptic, can you tell me about the lyrics of this tracks? and in what you took inspiration to write this lyrics? 
All lyrics on this second album are mainly focusing on the same topic, the apocalypse. Not our vision of it but how events in history where used by those with power to gain control trough fear and suffering. Same as today and the average mental capacity of people in general is equal to a pile of shit, it's more of a comedy i guess. The lyrics was formed by the things i needed to process over a year ago and they filled the purpose of why I wrote them. I don't want to analyze them Any deeper than this.
"All Daggers Towards The Sky" is a name very interesting for an black metal album, but why you named this full lenght with this name? and why you didnt wrote a track with the name of the album, like many bands do? 
In this case it didn't feel right to promote one song more than the others So I felt the need to have a title that summarizes the essence that flows through the album and that is exactly what 'All Daggers Towards The Sky' does. 
Well the recording for this album was in your own studio, but can you tell me how was record all this? and why the band sent to master all tracks in Necromorbus studio? 
We have been recording our own music all the time. Somehow I prefer that. That Way I can take the time needed without worrying about the studio bill and really work on the details.Yes we used necromorbus for mastering. I like their earlier work and after the time I spent on mixing the album I was a bit fed up so I had no problems letting the guys at necromorbus take over the mastering part and I was satisfied with the result. 
Something I would like to know is the band had chance to promote the album with a concert? or are you thinking promote it soon with a mini tour? 
We are doing at least one show this fall. We try to get in touch with promoters from time to time but we don't want to jump into a show without knowing that it is a promoter that can handle this kind of music in the right way. At the moment we don't have a tour planned but we are working on it. 
Well bro any last words to finish this interview? 
If you read this and are dedicated to Black Metal buy the album! 

To know about Patronymicon:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patronymicon/158661034186769

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario