miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2018

Interview to Bob Katsionis


Interview by Luis Landeo
Hello, Mr Katsionis, welcome to Arsenal del Metalero, how are you? and is a pleasure this interview with you, I would like start this interview asking about the tour you are having with Firewind, how goes that tour? and what is your opinion about the south American scene?
Funny you ask, cause I just posted on Facebook a huge "Thank You" to all these bands we played together: Black Sun, Hemisphery, Wings Of Eternity, Walter Monsanto and more! The level is great and I'm really glad you guys still support Power Metal! A lot of great musicians as well! And the fans...were great! Lovely guys who knew our music and lyrics and made some small venues sound like stadiums!
Last month was released your newest album entitled: "Prognosis & Synopsis", how was work this album with you? and how complicated is play practically all instruments to record a full length? and how was work with your partner: Vangelis Moraitis?
For me, playing all the instruments in an album is actually easier! i dont have to ask anyone to play something, I control the arrangements and keep the production compact and fast. this is why I do it all by myself. Keeps my mind in peace!
At difference with the before album: "Rest in Keys", "Prognosis & Synopsis" is a complete instrumetal full lenght, no lyrics for this work, how do you the desition to work an instrumental album? you know many metalheads like lyrics because they like to sing while they are listening to the songs, and not all like instrumental albums, so is that for you a risk you want to take for this last full length?
If people want to listen to singers they can listen to soooo many other bands and artists in the world! what I do is different and I insist on doing it like this since 2002, my first album "Turn Of My Century". I grew up with instrumental music like Vangelis, Manos Hadjidakis, Jean Michel Jarre and I really don't think that you can say more with words. "Don't Believe A Word...cause Words are easily spoken like Phil Lynott used to say!
In what do you take inspiration before composing a melody? and I checked the cover of this production have space elements, what can you comment about it?
In this album, I got a lot of inspiration and motivation from the video games I play in my PS4! Oh yes, thats true. They help me travel to other worlds and definitely out of this one! My mind then opens wide and when I play music these images reflect on my keyboards.
Bob, you are a legend in greek metal, what can you tell to arsenal del metalero, about your beginnings in Metal, can you tell us about your experience in all these years in greek metal?
All I can say is that you have to be a good soldier and a fair leader at the same time. Be at your meetings and rehearsals on time and knowing all your notes. And everything else will follow. Noone wants to play/hire an asshole who is late and doesn't keep his word. This is how I played with almost all the big bands of Greece like Septic Flesh, Nightfall and now with Firewind. They all trusted me and I gave 101% of myself on stage.
What equipment do you use to record your music? and what tips can you tell to compose and before record a full length?
I have no much of equipment. Just the basic stuff: a powerful iMac, a Metric Halo audio interface (basic) some Korg keyboards that I love, an AXE FX1 and some guitars and basses. That's pretty much all. A very important tip is to have a good audio interface, a good set of speakers in a relatively nice room (mine sucks by the way) and trust some other people to do what you cannot do like mixing or mastering or videos or artwork.
To finish with this interview do you have a message for fans and readers?
I had SO much fun and good food on my recent tour in Latin America and can't wait to play for you guys again! Make sure you check my new album and perhaps check the new format I'm working on, the ICON DISC!

Try these links and I think you will love it:
For Android Users:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=App+The+Irons

For iOS/iPhone/iPad Users:
https://itunes.apple.com/gr/developer/katsionis-charalampos/id1318654044?mt=8 

To know more about Bob Katsionis:
https://www.facebook.com/bobkatsionisofficial

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario