lunes, 15 de octubre de 2012

Interview to Kevin Quirion of Deicide


Interview by Luis Landeo 
Welcome Kevin to arsenal del metalero, for me is a pleasure and big honor interview you, I know you are the new oficial guitarrist of deicide since last year, but maybe a lot deicide latin fans will want to know how glenn benton called you to be the new oficial guitarrist of deicide? 
I have another band with Deicide drummer Steve Asheim. They had a couple shows coming up in Europe and needed someone pretty quickly. I was standing right there when he was thinking of who to get. Our bass player, Scott Patrick, said "Just use Kevin". That was about it. I met Glen at the first practice. Before jamming with them, I went to Steve's house and tabbed out all the songs they were doing live so I would be prepared.
I know you joined the band in summer 2009 and you left the band in 2010, why you left the band for that times? 
 I was always just a live guitarist whenever they weren't using Ralph. Even though it was said I was a member back then, I was just for live shows.
Deicide will work in a new full lenght, how are going the days for compose the music for this new full lenght? and what can we expect for this new album? do you have a name for this release? and how do you feel you of participate in a new full lenght of deicide?
I'd expect a new album sometime in 2013. Not sure when though. We have most of the material written at this point with just some arrangements to work out. Lyrics and solos need to be written still, but the majority of the foundation has been placed. Glen will name the album when he begins working on the lyrics. As far as my participation, its been great. We all get together and put songs together. Everyone has riffs and songs. I've written a couple albums with Steve before so we have a pretty good system and procedure for writing and demoing out material.
Do you think this new release will be produced by Mark Lewis and recorded in Audiohammer Studios like in: "TO HELL WITH GOD"? 
Those decisions are for Glen and Steve. Same for booking shows and anything else that comes up. I'm joining a band with a 20+ year history so I know my place. I just shut up and do my job.
I know kevin you are singer and guitarrist in Order of Ennead, how goes the things in your other band(shows, etc)? do you think exist the chance of tour again with deicide and Order of Ennead like both bands did in 2009 with vital remains? and do you thik tour with deicide in south america next year? 
Order Of Ennead is taking a break for a little bit, but we may get things going here pretty soon. Deicide is doing a short US tour in November and after that we might be recording a demo. I already have enough material written and ready to go for a full length album, but we need to do a demo and shop it around to some labels. I'm really enjoying listening to the newer songs and would love to do another album in 2013. I'm sure Deicide will be back to South America, but I am not sure when. The fans down there are great. We'll also see if OOE and Deicide tour again together. It's a lot to do two sets a night.
Well this year the band had tours in all usa, how was that tours? in what cities the band played? and what was the best place to play in this tour and why? 
In March 2012, we toured the US and Canada. We played a lot of the major cities and about a week of shows in Canada. During the summer we did a couple shows in Florida also. I really enjoy playing Los Angeles. The crowds are always great and really get into the music. Its also nice to walk around and visit the area also. Just a good time all around.
Kevin you are a good guitarrist and a great singer too, do you have any tip or suggestion for the singer and guitarrist metal fans? 
I appreciate the kind words. Its all about practice for me. I will play through the songs on my own so when I go to practice I'm ready and that just helps live performances. Warm up your vocals before doing any shows or recordings and really work on writing good songs. Play with people that you can learn from and you will evolve as a player.
With respect about order of ennead are you thinking in record a new music video? and how was the recording of this great video: The Concept Of Our Extinction? 
We are a long way from that right now. Maybe after we record a demo and if someone picks it up. All depends if a label will give us a budget for one. If we do, we will use a director and do it right.
Well are you working in a new full lenght? cuz the last full lenght was: "An Examination of Being" and it was released in 2010 
I've got the songs. Arrangements are solid and lyrics are written, just need to record a demo and shop it to labels. Some song titles are "Our Human Frailty", "The Silence", "The Paradox Of Worship" and "An Offering Of Reason".
For write the lyrics of Order of Ennead in what do you get inspiration? 
The lyrics are all about trying to understand the reason of life. The how and why we exist. Almost every lyric is about this topic and is always something I wonder about.
Well kevin good luck with both bands do you have a message for deicide latin fans and the fans in all around the world? 
Look for Deicide on tour and an album in 2013. Order Of Ennead hopes to record a demo in early 2013. I am also part of a new band called Shadow Society that should have a demo coming out in early 2013. Also going to do a demo with another band that doesn't have a name yet, but is already in the works. Thanks for the questions and hope to see everyone on the road.

To know more about Deicide:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDeicide


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario