domingo, 28 de octubre de 2012

Interview to Greg Maupin of Archaic Winter


Interview by Luis Landeo 
Hails Greg,is great interview you again my bro, for me is a big pleasure interview you again, the first one was about your first band: agony divine, and now for our metal project: archaic winter, well this year archaic winter return to the music with new a release titled DEMON how do you feel about your return with Archaic Winter? 
It feels really good. I have always regretted the fact that I stopped the project and now I am getting a second chance. Second chances are sometimes difficult to get so I hope we make the best of the situation.
Demon have 4 killer tracks, how did you compose the music for it? and how was the mix and mastering process for this release? 
Well, everything happened very fast. The songs were written over a 3 week period of time. I taped everything on an old Tascam 424 MKIII 4 track porta Stuido. I just remember sending you (Luis) the music to the song October Fire. And a few days later I was mixing vocals and the rest is history (laughs). I mixed the vocals with a computer DAW. I think the demo has some really good , solid moments on it. Maybe some of my best music ever.
Maybe a lot of people don’t know it and they think Archaic Winter is a new band but it isn’t cuz archaic winter begun in 2006 with peter hasselbrack (bloodsoaked) and you released with him: The Psychology Of Death, some weeks ago you found the album was posted in MTV.com, and many website and this is crazy, but how do you feel you about that? 
Oh that feels awesome (laughs). I had no idea the album was getting attention after all these years. It is a good feeling to know that your work is being enjoyed by metal heads from around the world. The underground has been very good to Archaic Winter and I am very grateful for all the support.
Well the lyrics of Archaic Winter in the beginning and present are about darkness on The Psychology of Death the lyric were about death and dying. On Demon was about the dark prophecies in the bible about the antichrist, satan and the armadedon and with our future. On the full length the lyrics will be about black magic, always in the dark side but what do you think about archaic winter lyrics? 
I am very proud of Archaic Winters lyrics. We are not afraid to write about any subject matter and we do not limit ourselves with boundaries. Our lyrics tell a story and uses history and facts while exploring the darker side of mankind and religion.
All the music of Archaic winter is played with your bc rich guitars, why do you like Bc Rich? and do you have any tip for archaic winter guitarrist fans who play with a bc rich?
Well, I have always been a fan of BC Rich guitars. The higher end models are as good as any. My Warlock is customized to my liking. As for advice. I would advice to practice and practice some more. Musical diversity is a good thing so do not follow trends and stay opened minded. Learn as many scales as you can and learn to apply them to your style of playing. Never give up and do not let other people hold you back.
Like a lot big bands have a symbol for example metallica with their ninja star, devidriver with their moon cross and now archaic winter have a symbols the trident of chaos and a pet: demoneyes, what do you think about it? 
Well, I think it is really cool. It is something fans will see and immediately think of Archaic Winter. It looks good in print, on websites and I think it will be a killer design on a T-Shirt or website. It was designed very well.
Well this question isnt about archaic winter, you know in USA like in Europe have the sickness of the Big Egos, what do you think about this pathology? how born the big egos? 
Well, egos are a part of human behavior that I will never fully understand. Most egotistic people that I meet in the underground are very self destructive and are dysfunctional in a band situations so I try to avoid them. Sometimes it is hard to determine if a person is arrogant or simple insecure with themselves. Most are difficult to work with and I will not waste my time with them. For me, music is an art and is about expression. I do not care what other people do and I do not worry about things out of my control so all I can do is avoid the egotistical bastards! I hope I answered the question (laughs)!
Greg this interview was interesting cuz we are members of the same band, really crazy interview again, but do you have a last message for end this interview?
Well, I always use every opportunity I get to thank the fans! Many thanks to everyone who gives us a chance and who supports us! Please keep your eyes open for the new full length called “Esoteric Doors”! Thanks to you, Luis! METAL FOR LIFE!!!

For know about Archaic Winter:
http://www.facebook.com/ArchaicWinter



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario