domingo, 5 de febrero de 2012

Interview to Zebb Nilsson from AEON

Interview by Luis Landeo
Welcome Zebb to Arsenal Del Metalero, is a good honor have this interview with you, well how goes the new projects of the band?
Hi and thanks. We are right in the middle of the process of writing for the next album and what I can say about it right now is that it's more variated than our previous ones. And if I should compare it to any of our previous albums I think that Rise to Dominate would be closest to it.The band in 2010 had a last change of member: Victor Brandt and he was replaced for Marcus Edvardsson, obviously isnt the first change in the band, but how affect this changes to the band? and how are taken this for the AEON FANS?
Since me and Daniel are writing all our music it doesent really affect the music at all. And Tommy is writing the main part of the lyrics exept for a few songs that I have written lyrics for.The lyrics of the band are about Anti-Christianity, but ussually in what you inspirate to write the lyrics?
That is kind of different from song to song. I do know that tommy have been getting much ideas from his encounters with the Jehovah's witnesses in his past. I also know that he got ideas to write many songs after reading in papers about pedophile priests.
Me myself I usually try to come up with a cool story that I write about. Like God of War which is directly inspired by the movie 300. And the lyrics are about the king Xerxes that conquered land after land with his massive army and in the end suffered from hybris and thought that he were a Demigod.
Obviously christianity isnt the only corrupted religion, practicly all the religions of the world like: judaism, islam, etc are corrupted and opress the new ideologies, for example i know a band from Lebanon and the police arrested to them for use the name of a muslim demon do you think maybe for a new album write lyrics about other corrupted religions?
No I really don't like religions in general. And I don't really know about Tommy's ideas yet. Me myself I will write lyrics for at least one song and it will be about how a man get sacrificed to a god by the Mayan priests. I had this idea to do this and two days after that I watched Mel Gibsons movie Apocalypto which gave me even more ideas for this lyrics.Do you think the band have an evolution in every album?
Yeah I do like to think that we do develop our style from album to album.About the last album: Path Of Fire, i like this song: "Liar in the Name of God" how was compose the music of this song? and well how was compose the music for all the album?
All the songs that we write today in Aeon are written by me and Daniel at our computers at home. Then we play the song for the rest of the guys and ask for input and feedback and whatnot.
However when I wrote that particular song, tommy worked on the lyrics while I was still working on the song. And he called me on the phone asking me if I could add a riff that would follow his vocal pattern which became the chorus for the song. You know that part where he keeps repeating "liar in the name of god" several times.
By the way are you thinking back to release a new album? and what can you tell me about it?
Yeah we haven't really come up with the title yet but we do have 11 full songs ready and some shorter intros and stuff. So we are pretty much done with all material. We are just going to work on details now.I think this question is important for Aeon southamerican fans do you think come to play to South America?
We don't have anything planned but we have always wanted to come to south America. It's just that it's hard to make it happen really. We are still a pretty small band cause we always lose alot of money from touring which makes it impossible for us to tour that much. It would be ideal to do north, central and south America at the same time cause that would mean only one flight across the atlantic and back. But that also means alot of loss of income from our dayjobs. I don't think people realize how hard it really is to make it as a band today. Cause being a small band means way much more costs than income and since that we cannot tour. And no touring also means no exposure. Once you get paid to play it's much easier to grow as a band cause you can just keep touring all the time.Well to finish this interview do you have a message for the fans in South America?
Well to all of you south American fans, I really really hope that we can manage to come over and tour there and play for you. Cause I hear from our friends in bigger bands like cannibal corpse, dark funeral and hypocrisy that it's totally awesome touring in south America. And the girls over there are just astonishingly hot (laughs).
And also I love hot weather. I really hate it here right now cause of the winter. I wish we could tour all the time and have south of the equator Oct-April and then north of the equator May-Sept. That way I would never have to freeze (laughs).


To know more about AEON:
http://www.facebook.com/aeon666

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario