martes, 1 de enero de 2013

Interview to Igor Nikiforov of Anadora


Interview by Luis Landeo 
Welcome IGOR to Arsenal Del Metalero, i was listening the first single of your band and sounds great, I bet you are working in a full lenght? and when do you think release it?
Hi Luis! First of all I want to thank you for this great opportunity to including our band in your world-class project. I know that you have interviewed tons of music bands worldwide and we are glad to be a part. You are completely right. We started recording the debut album at the September of 2009. But as far as it is our first serious full length studio work, it took many months to come closer to the release day. We faced many difficulties with recording and spent countless hours to bring our material to desired quality level. I say “quality” because it is really important for us. My friend’s grandma always says: “You will never have a second chance to make a first impression”. Here in Russia we haven’t a lot of bands with very high recording quality level. That’s why we especially want to be the one. We still are not sure about the release date, but let me be brave enough to say: middle/end of the spring 2013.
The band released a single in russian, I bet this full lenght will have all the lyrics in russian? and do you think release an album in english? 
You know, when I was about 10 years old I saw an MTV’s interview with Klaus Meine from the Scorpions. He said: “You have to sing in English if you want to be a big star”. I remembered this phrase during all my life and when we created our own band I knew that our lyrics would be in English. But as we started from Russia, we decided to release two different versions of the album: one is completely in Russian for Russia and the other one completely in English for the worldwide release. We will also probably release some special songs in other languages in the future.
Well like new band can you tell me how this band started? and what mean this name of ANADORA?
Well, actually I always was fond of music. And there was always music in my home. My mother plays guitar and piano. And once I’ve heard my first metal band (it was Nightwish discography) I’ve opened the whole new world of metal for myself. And metal become not just a part of my life but the way of life, you know. In the early 2008 my friend Vitaly and I visited New Year’s concert of famous Russian metal band called Catharsis. It was a really good show and few days later on the 8th of January 2008 one of us tells to other: - Hey man! Why don’t we create our own band? And that phrase put the beginning of very long way. Few months later we found Pavel Prohorov who still remains the main music writer of our band, and later Maria who joined us as a lead voice and I write most of lyrics currently. And step by step, we build very strong team of 7 very different members. From the very beginning we decided to do it professionally. Probably that is the reason why it took so many years to release first album. But we also got many useful experience which will help us work faster in the future. The name. I always thought that the name is something that should be unique for everyone. Every person in the world and every band are really special, except the pop music of course. They are all the same, ha ha ha. And when we started searching the name for our band – I wondered to find a very special word which would mean only one thing – our band. And we found it. Do you know what means Anadora? Then I’ll tell you – that’s the name of our band.
Like the lyrics of the band are in russian, what is the concept behind the lyrics? and cuz you write the lyrics for the band in what do you get inspiration? 
I like that type of questions because it discovers an inner world of author’s feelings and sense that he puts in his music. I am not the only person who writes the lyrics for our songs. And we put a bit different atmosphere in them. Our guitarist Alex writes like I usually called them classical power metal lyrics about braveness, fearless glory, mighty warriors and epic battles. That is exactly you can hear in our single “Warrior” and the album will include one more song that type called “Son Of The Winds”. Maria usually creates atmospheric acoustic songs with romantic lyrics. What can I say? She is a girl after all. And her lyrics make nice diluting of our fast songs. And my lyrics usually explores an inner world of human’s mind with all its diversity. It touches the fact that human body and mind much more powerful than people like to think. I raise the question of motivation and I also put a drop of social context in all this. Every our song is a little story which deals with some aspect of human’s feelings and troubles. I think that we have something to say and people will have something to think about after listening to our record. Metal and all rock genres always represent the music of protest! It is music of people who disagree with rules, systems, and life that they see around. It is music of people who want more. And every prick presented by life finds place in the lyrics we write. We get inspiration in disturbing things, in emotions, in pain, happiness, peace and angriness and experience of course.
How many songs will have this full lenght? and in what is studio are you recording the music of ANADORA? 
It will be symbolic number of twelve songs. For the start we chose the Day Records Studio (http://www.dayrecords.ru). It is a major historical place for Russian metal. A former of Day Records - Evgeniy Vinogradov worked with many professional bands and made releases for world known bands like: Lacrimosa, Bad Boys Blue, Captain Jack, and a lot of Russian popular metal bands like: Aria, Catharsis, Forgive Me Not, etc. We believe that while we are young and green we need to gain experience from the older professionals to get the maximum.
Who are the lineup of anadora? and what are the influence of the band? cuz you have some of power metal and folk metal mixed, I could say is melodic power folk metal
We have a small orchestra here: Mar’ya Trifonova-Korop – Lead Vocal, Music and Lyrics Alexey Sukhomlinov – Guitar, Music, Lyrics Pavel Prohorov – Guitar, Music Pavel Mitsyk – Bass Igor Nikiforov – Keyboard, Lyrics Maria Belova – Flute Stanislav Korolev – Bagpipe and whistles. Lyudmila Malaya – Drums There are too many titles to enumerate. :) I think for us the biggest impact is made by: In Flames, Immortal, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, The Slot and Eluveitie. But it is still not even a half of the list.
How is the russian metal scene? and how many gigs the band played? 
After the crash of the Soviet Union where every band not approved by the government was out of law, we experienced a big growth of rock bands number. The first it was very big wave of Punk Rock, then a lot of Gothic bands appeared, which was eventually partially replaced by Emo movement. The metal scene became able to breath as well. And since these times it systematically evolved and grew. Comparing the Russian metal scene with Europe and America I can’t say that it is in a good shape, but I can’t say that it is dead either. We have a lot of young metal bands, yearly festivals, and new studios and clubs appears some times. But we still has no, you know industry of heavy music, like USA and some European counties have. But I hope that we will reach this level some day. I think we played about 30 gigs including mini tours, some fests and open air performance participation.
For end this interview do you have a last message? 
Yea, I have one. Metal is unique phenomenon which unite thousands people from the completely different parts of the world! It is the best invention of XX century and I want to tell every metalhead who will read these lines – keep following the way, cause it is the right one! Stay this ground! Stay metal! From Russia with love.

To know more about Anadora:
http://www.facebook.com/AnadoraBand


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario