viernes, 21 de febrero de 2014

Interview to Mayara Puertas of Necromesis


Interview by Luis Landeo
Hello Mayara, nice to meet you, and welcome to Arsenal Del Metalero, to start this interview let me ask you, How was you choosen to be the new singer of Necromesis?, and how was work with the guys? because I read you was very fan of them before to join the band.
Hello, it is a great pleasure to be here! Really, I've always been a big fan of the musical work of Necromesis, I met the band for a show in which I also made a contribution, and since then I followed them. Daniel (guitar), had heard some covers that I had recorded, and then invited me to a rehearsal "test". I rehearsed twice with the band, and it was sensational, since we're together. I never imagined that one day I would be part of Necromesis, it's incredible to be part of this band, I'm learning a lot with them!
The band this years realeased an ep entitled: "Echoes Of Memory", how was write the lyrics for this ep? in what are inspired your lyrics?, can we say is this a conceptual ep?
"Echoes Of Memory" is an EP with songs that will be part of ours full album, still no release date. The complete concept will be at the full album, in which all letters are contradictory, do not express any opinion only contradictory concepts of paths that can be selected on attitudes to be taken, etc. .... Are conceptual ideas ... something we create seeing, living, feeling ... etc .... in this case, conceptual ideas of Daniel, who brought the whole idea for this new work.
Was difficult for you give a different concept of the lyrics of Necromesis was wroten for ex singer? because the concept of the actual lyrics are focus in personal problems, the instrospection and inner "demons"
This release I contributed to arrangements and even some riffs for the songs. We discussed a lot about the concept, we gave some ideas, but Daniel worked it all such an exceptional a way that we have not had to modify! All the songs complement each other and give continuity to each other. As for the first 2 works the letters do not have a specific concept. The dark works of art was based on the story of an American serial killer called "The Butcher", as well as building an underworld, is based on reported history of a patient in a mental institution. MINUSTAH, talks about a homonymous action taken by the UN in Haiti, including the chorus sung in Haitian. However, our last work was a concept created with very specific focus. The idea was to create something applied in everyday life, where every person can identify parts of the concept. The two letters of the new work is part of a concept that will be worked as a whole in our Full album.
I know the band is working in the first full lenght, how goes this days in studio? and what surprised can we expect of this album? will have the same message of lyrics like the ep? or will be something totally different The Ep shows a bit of what is coming on the CD, is more aggressive, keeping the technique and musicality that has always been present in Necromesis songs . What I can say, is an album that will be done with much care, because it will be the first full release by our band. We are working hard to the album presents an overview of all experience gained so far.
I cant wait to listen the new, but well I know you studied music like autodidact, you sing guturals and melodical vocals, but I would like to know how difficult was for you learn to sing guturals? and do you consider gutural voices can reduce the notes of melodical vocals? 
I grow up loving singing, always liked to try different voices, I never had a singing lesson, but always liked to observe and accept advice from those who did it well. I always sang it with clean vocals, my interest in the guttural increased as I listened to most extreme metal. I started recording covers (I have recordings ranging from Bruce Dickinson until Deicide), but I could discover only and improve my voice when I joined the Necromesis. On stage besides every effort to sing, you are moving, it is much harder to breathe. How am asthmatic, guttural was a big challenge also because I was afraid that I could not sing more clean vocals. I think I still beginner, and I think the main lesson to learn is to listen and guttural practice also hear good references, and go gradually finding where your own guttural is comfortable for you.
The band will give a tour after release of first full lenght, what countries are thinking visit? and have you in mind tour Europe like many brasilian bands are doing? 
Our focus at the moment is Brazil, we want to show our music to our country first (which is pretty big compared to European countries for example) so we want to take our music from one point to another of our country. Various Brazilian bands are doing great touring outside of Brazil, as our friends bands like Woslom and Nervochaos, and when the timing is right, will be a pleasure to us from Necromesis bring our music to other countries!
I forgot ask you, I have the chance to see a video in youtube with performance of the band very professional, but have you in mind release a dvd? and how was for you sing for first time with Necromesis and have you the chance to talk with ex Necromesis singer? 
We like to shoot our presentations, is a way to evaluate and evolve constantly. Our priority now is the release of a full lenght, but in the future we would like to make a DVD. As for my entry for the Necromesis was a big surprise, I always followed the band as a fan, but I never imagined that one day would be invited to the band. Daniel (guitarist) invited me and went very well. I never had much contact with former vocalist, is certainly not an easy mission take his place in a band on which it was lead singer for many years, but the public received me very well, I'm having a great support.
You told me before this interview, you are very friend with Maysa Rodrigues (Cauterization) and Luenya "Van Ripper" Moura (Demonized Legion), but how goes the idea of make a band toguether? and have you the chance to talk with them?
Maysa and Luenya are my friends and great musicians! I have more contact with Maysa (we live in the same state), and I hope it she can make a contribution on our Full! Unfortunately we live so far away (as I said, Brazil is a very big country, if I were traveling by car it would take a day or two to get up to Luenya), in the future may be an idea for a project with them, but unfortunately a band is currently not feasible because of distances. There are a negotiation with a producer who wants a concert Necromesis and Cauterization together, but is not yet confirmed.
I hope the release of the release of first full lenght, but have you a message to Necromesis fans?
We are also looking forward to this release and we are doing with every possible special treat. It will be a very special album for us, we hope you like what we're doing! Thank you very much for the interview, always count on us!

To know more about Necromesis:
https://www.facebook.com/NecromesisBrasil


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario